The last year has been an eventful one for me. I have so much to be grateful for this year and lots to strive towards next year. In this post, I am goin to scribble down my reflections on the year that’s zoomed past and the one that is quickly approaching.
Instead of making this one long and wordy post, I’m going to split it into categories and lists. These aren’t at all in order of timeframe or of importance.
1. Gayle and I dancing in the Ashley Centre whIle supposedly working.
2. Speed walking at the London Olympics and the hilarious photos that came from it.
3. Standing in the cold and rain, by the River Thames, waiting for the Queen to pass by on her boat, but only to find out she was actually alighting her grand boat about 100m upstream.
4. Being invited for an interview for a recruitment consultant position then telling them that actually, I can’t see myself doing this.
5. Receiving an offer for the job that took my life to a completely different level.
6. Going for a cheeky McDonalds nugget happy meal after working the night with Uncle Gary at a charity event.
7. Staying at the G Hotel in Penang and going for the cheapest massage I’ve had, but one of the best - I’ll be back next year!
8. Getting my nails done in Snails, Mandarin Gallery, in Singapore as my nails.. this was an experience unlike any manicure I’ve had!
9. Meeting one of my online friends in real life in Singapore.
10. Dancing all night at the Bed Bar in Reading.
11. The most amazing dim sum at Min Jiang - Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington.
12. Walking through the Natural History Museum and every floor of Harrods - spending the most time admiring the architecture and the toy department. And having massive ice cream sundaes at Morelli’s!
13. Making great first impressions by seriously getting my left and right muddled!
14. Having my hair done at Toni & Guy for the Christmas Party and having to comb out the backcomb the day after.
15. David completely off his face - air-guitaring and then trying to be my agony aunt, so he felt better, I think!
16. Lou and Tim dressed as Wally at Wendy’s birthday bash and becoming Andres’ make-up artist for the night - that was so much fun.
17. Walking the very high bridge between the trees at Gardens by the Bay, Singapore and looking down at the beautiful cityscape.
18. Seeing the Red Arrows fly by at Windsor Long Walk for the Queen’s Jubilee with red, blue and white smoke and waving our flags at the Jubilee parade by Buckingham Palace.
19. Seeing Princess Margaret’s doll house.. OMG! It’s almost as big as my actual house!
20. Scraping my knee pretty badly doing a push up on one of our active lunchtime sessions - haha!
21. Starting a tumblr blog with a couple of other fashionista friends.
22. Worship Central at Earls Court - partying like God intended us to!
23. A swan leisurely sat in the middle of the road as the cars swerved around it - only in Henley do you find diva swans.
24. Watching Adi and Sarah swim a mile at Eton Dorney lake, pizza and a long but very enjoyable conversation.
25. Baking..lots of it! I discovered my love for baking this year and have continued to explore my abilities in the kitchen and it has been a stressful at times, but mostly fun process!
26. Broccoli and peas - two-weeks of crash dieting definitely paid off in the end.
27. Being propositioned by the owner of Toni & Guy Ascot…flattered, but no thank you.
28. Impulse buying my Michael Kors bag when I had turned others down for being too expensive at a fraction of the cost.
29. Chris needing to be rescued from a bush with a huge gash in his knee.
30. Driving Will around when his car broke and when he was drunk. Great combination of excuses, right? I also remember him sleep talking and snoring.
1. Going into Armani to be told that a size 12 would be too big for me.
2. Getting my Mulberry Roxanne (my first dream bags) in April.
3. Getting a job in a wonderful company where I’ve met some friends I’ll hold onto for life, doing things I’m qualified to do and loving every minute of it.
4. Receiving a dozen beautiful red roses on Valentine’s Day.
5. Being piggybacked through a squelchy and muddy path resulting in mud-caked shoes!
6. Watching the Olympic cycling event in front of Harrods.
7. Christmas shopping spree at Westfield with great girls.
8. A very important lunch date and a spot of afternoon tea at Windsor Castle, but with someone a lot younger than the Queen. Seeing a hundred swans in one condensed area was a vision as was my date with my pink camera!
9. Work Christmas celebration at Ascot Racecourse - the ever-flowing jagerbombs, drinks vouchers and dancing on the stage until we got kicked off.
10. Sitting in the shelter of a bus stop listening to the sound of rain gently hitting the leaves.
11. Stephen saying that I had the nicest dress at the Christmas party. Well done, Armani.
12. Wendy’s 30th Birthday party - any excuse to get all dolled up as a WAG.
13. Booking the holiday to Malta and telling Wendy about her present.
14. Cheeky emails especially when I dressed up for a client meeting.
15. The hot chocolate at Will’s nana’s house. Amazing.
16. Being told my cheesecake is the best by several people, asked for the recipe and offered to be paid to make a whole one for someone.
17. Mum’s face when I placed the huge Mulberry giftbag on her lap and then her face when she pulled the Bayswater out!
18. Discovering a new Brazilian BBQ restaurant. And devouring a whole rack of ribs the length of my forearm.. yum!
19. My first hangover at 27 and it lasted a week!
20. David opening his secret santa gift.
21. Neale and Lou teaching me how to juggle three balls.. HAHA!
22. The food consumption of the studio in general.
23. Wayne, our Christmas tree.
24. Seeing old friends I’ve not seen in a long time again and catching up over delicious dinners.
25. My Michael Kors watch and my PANDORA bracelet. Love.
I WISH I DIDN’T (to learn from for next year)
1. Get on the coach to the Madjeski Hotel from Ascot Racecourse after all that drink.. WORST decision ever made.
2. Leave my camera at Cabana, meaning I didn’t have it for all of the Christmas festivities!
3. Put so much expenditure on credit.
4. Worry as much and let God’s plans play out.
IN 2013, I WILL
1. Try my best to get to and stay Victoria Secret size.
2. Continue to be carefree.
3. Explore more of the world.
4. Show more love to more people.
So it’s been a great year full of exploration, seeking and finding. I’m welcoming 2013 with happiness and optimism. There are lots of things learnt in 2012 that I will definitely carry through and a few things that I’ll leave behind. Whatever is in store this year, I know it’ll be an epic adventure and I’m very excited!
Here’s to the best year so far!